luni, 27 februarie 2017

take nothing for granted

There have been several times, in the past 10 years, where I literally have said- "the sky is blue," "the birds are singing," moments in life where it seems a little dull and time is standing still. God has things on pause so we will pay more attention to what's important. This is not meant to be a complex feat but more a gentle push for us to relax and see Gods hand in all things.

One example of letting things pass by that are seemingly irrelevant are all those things our grandparents did and said that we thought were somewhat meaningless. It's Spring and we have set up raised gardens to grow vegetables. While the prospect of having a garden is exciting, there is so much uncertainty. I say to myself "If only I had stopped to pay attention to my grandparents!" They knew how to garden, can, sew and farm an art that's lost in our current society for the large part. I took for granted the fact that one day I would want to know these skills and possibly even NEED to know them. Today I ask the Lord to help me pay better attention to the things that are important... not only to me but those around me.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu